Fancy something different for dinner? Why not try this healthy chickpea and lentil curry! Super easy, quick and delicious! Enjoy 🙂
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1 diced onion
3 crushed garlic cloves
½ tsp of garam masala
1 tsp of ground turmeric
1 heaped tsp of ground coriander
4 cardamom pods
1 inch of ginger
½ tsp of cumin seeds
½ tbsp of tomato puree
1 can of low-fat coconut milk
200ml of coconut yogurt
400g of cooked lentils
400g of cooked chickpeas
Handful of spinach
To serve: rice or potatoes, fresh coriander and flaked almonds
STEP BY STEP
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over a medium heat, then add coconut oil, ginger and garlic.
2. Once onion starts to brown, add the spices and tomato puree and mix well.
3. Add coconut milk and coconut yogurt and let it simmer for about 20 minutes to thicken. Stir occasionally.
4. Add in lentils, chickpeas and spinach and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve with rice, fresh coriander and couple of flaked almonds.