Due to popular demand, we’re excited to announce an open course (for individuals not just companies!) for the Mental Health First Aid England certification this September.
The original two day course has been reformatted to allow for live home learning, and will be held across two weeks in four, two-hour sessions run by our mental health adviser and trainer Selina Clarke.
Thursday 17th Sep, 10am – 12noon
Friday 18th Sep, 10am – 12noon
Thursday 24th Sep, 10am – 12noon
Friday 25th Sep, 10am – 12noon
Please note you will need to attend ALL of the above sessions to received your certification. There will also be some time required for self-learning prior to each session.
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of ill mental health
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in need
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- The course is now made up of 4 live sessions and individual learning activities
- Each live session lasts up to 2 hours and the recommended individual learning time for each section (4 sections in total) is approximately the same
- Individual learning activities are to be completed prior to attending a live session
- Delegates will have access to their instructor between sessions if they need help with any of the work
- Maximum 12 participants per online course
- Delegates will have access to the online material for one month after they complete the course
Spaces are strictly limited to 12 so send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and book your spot today.